Take your first steps in open data publishing; publish quickly and easily, for free.
Octopub is an online tool that makes publishing open data simple. By uploading a single CSV file, and filling in 6 information boxes, a user can
- Publish their dataset online without any infrastructure cost (by using GitHub)
- Ensure the data is valid with CSVlint
- Prove that it is open data with an autogenerated Open Data Certificate
- Give their users a human-readable view of the dataset and its data (generated using GitHub Pages).
- Enable bulk download of the dataset
- Enable API access to the data, using a structure auto-generated using the CSV on the Web standard.
Publishing is also integrated into Comma Chameleon, so that a desktop user can load in an excel file, clean it, and publish in a single process without needing to be an expert.
Get the code